POTD2 past front page content
The conference is full!!!
If you are already registered and must cancel, please let us know ASAP.
– on or before January 30, your entire payment will be refunded
– through March 15, all but a $50 cancellation fee will be refunded
– after March 15, there will be no refund
The first Puttin’ On the Dance conference was a huge success! The weekend was packed with learning, networking, and plenty of wonderfully rejuvenative activities. POTD2 aims to be every bit as useful and energizing!
Our program is built around many of the things it takes to build a successful dance series–lots of relevant workshops, presentations, and discussions to choose from, in categories ranging from nuts-and-bolts how to’s, to working with bands and callers, to community development ideas, and all sorts in between.
Sesssion leaders at this participatory, grass-roots event are conferees who have skill and expertise in particular aspects of running a dance series. The information collected from our August Program Survey and early registration forms is key in identifying topics that are in high demand, as well as some of the people who might lead them. Our dedicated program committee will include all this valuable input and more when they get down to business, putting together another super Puttin’ On the Dance conference program.
Weekend Schedule Outline
- Friday dinner and conference kick-off
- Friday night dance with a cavalcade of callers and an all-comers band
- Saturday morning workshops, presentations and discussions
- Saturday networking lunch
- Saturday afternoon workshops, presentations and discussions
- Saturday night contra dance with Genticorum
- Saturday night after-dance party
- Sunday morning workshops, presentations and discussions
- Sunday networking lunch
- Sunday afternoon all-conference plenary session