Puttin’ On the Dance 3 in 2018
SAVE the DATE for POTD3
Puttin’ On the Dance: A Conference for Northeast Dance Organizers. Supporting the people who sustain our vital dance traditions.
Friday, November 30 – Sunday, December 2, 2018
in Portland, Maine
Puttin’ On the Dance (POTD) convenes dance organizers from across the Northeastern United States and Eastern Canada. The objective of this weekend event is to provide resources and opportunities for learning, sharing, renewal, and fun! This will strengthen networks for sustaining dance organizers, who in turn sustain important traditions of participatory social dance throughout our region.
More details on POTD3 soon…
Call for Supporters!
If you’re as excited as we are, we invite you to help us create POTD3! Here’s how you can help:
- Join our organizing team! We’re bringing folks together from across New England and Eastern Canada to fill roles from marketing to on-the-ground set up.
- Make a contribution! Our intention is to ensure this conference is affordable and accessible. If you or your organization can help by providing a monetary donation, it means we’ll be able to provide more financial support to attendees.
- Give your thoughts on organizing to CDSS in their US Dance Organizers Survey! Deadline for feedback is April 13. We’ll use the results to inform our programming.
- Spread the word! If you’d like to help by spreading the word to organizers in your area, let us know! For now, you can ask that they “Save the Date!” We’ll send cards and digital things your way when they’re created soon.
- Be a presenter! If you have a particular topic area you’d like to share at the conference, we’d love to know.
Email us at with your interests.
POTD 3 core organizing team: Dela Murphy and Coral Breuer
Start planning for POTD3 – Here are some ways to fund your attendance!